HIPAA: This position will have access to the following Protected Health Information in order to carry out the duties related to their position at Hays Medical Center based on the following criteria:
- Provides positive leadership by an environment of teamwork, open communication and customer service.
- Responsible for human resources processes including interviewing and orientating staff, ongoing performance management and timekeeping/scheduling and required documentation.
- Assists in developing financial budget to achieve corporate strategies and financial targets, manages areas of responsibility to optimize revenue and reduce costs.
- Assists in managing policies and work instructions for compliance with regulatory standards and to improve the overall operation of the facility.
- Oversees the collection of patient identification and demographics, HIPAA forms, insurance information, collects co-pay, and documents indicated signs and symptoms, and consent for treatment.
- Oversees and assists with scheduling appointments, tests and procedures; sends patient communication regarding appointments/tests/procedures; completes and maintains registration process; maintains current knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes; maintains fax queue; prepares, maintains and files/scans records.
- Oversees and assists with the completeness of charge ticket; forwards charge tickets to Central Billing Office, assists patients/customers with billing problems or questions.
|Primary – required (routine) to do the job;|
Secondary – required for the job, but mostly be exception; and
None – no approved access
|Description of Information||Level|| |
|Patient Demographic Information (information used to identify a person): Name, Date of Birth, Address, Race, Marital Status, Religion||Secondary|| |
|Financial Information/Insurance (information related to insurance, billing and payment): Billing Information, Payer Name, Payer ID, Account Balances, Plan Elements Covered, Payment Information, Payment Rates||Secondary|| |
|Clinical Information (information that describes a patient’s health status): Diagnosis, Reports/Medical Notes, Test Results, Problem List, Procedures, History and Physical||Secondary|| |
|Coding Information (clinical information that is in (alpha) numeric format): ICD-9 Codes, Rev Codes, CPT Codes||Secondary|| |
Infection Control: Initial and Ongoing training in dealing with infection control. Trainings could include but are not limited to, blood borne pathogens, bodily fluids and bio hazardous materials as it applies to your daily work environment.
Patient Interaction: Frequent